As we all adjust to the changes in our industry (and the world), we’ve put together a list of resources to help you better utilise current agency software and share tips on navigating this new normal. We’ll regularly update this page, so please check back.
Finances: Understanding your position
Agencies are having to make quick short term decisions to ensure long term viability. Improving cashflow, re-forecasting revenue, chasing down overdue invoices, and knowing where and when to minimise costs are all important areas to look at in the current climate. Here’s our list of reports and resources that will help you understand the true financial position of your business and help inform key decisions.
Resourcing: Optimising your workforce
Understanding staff utilisation and forecasting capacity is more important than ever when managing a remote workforce, who may also be working flexible or reduced hours. There are number of standard features in agency management systems that give an overview of completed, scheduled and planned work to ensure teams can continue to deliver to deadlines.
Collaboration: Working better together
Working remotely is the new norm and it’s more important than ever to understand what effective communication looks like. Not only between teams, but with clients as well. There are plenty of collaboration tools out there – Slack, Zoom, Teams to name a few. But if you’re already using an agency management system, chances are it has built-in collaboration features or integrates with a collaboration tool, meaning you can keep all key information in one, easily accessible place.
We take a look at some of these systems and how they may work for you.
Change: Adjusting to a new normal
The radical change enforced upon us, in both our personal and working lives, is unprecedented. While we all adjust to this new normal, it’s important to remember that some people take change in their stride, while others find it difficult to adapt. We’ve put together a few articles to help your business navigate the changing road ahead.
Resources: Test drive new tools and apps
Now may be a good time to explore new tools, apps and integrations to help streamline your business further and enable teams to work better together. Here’s a list of some of our favourites.
- AccountAbility – an integrated financial and project management system created by agency CFOs. Contact the team to request a demo.
- Deltek ConceptShare – the online proofing tool that integrates with Jira and WorkBook. The team at ConceptShare are currently offering an extended free trail. Sign up here.
- Deltek WorkBook – an end-to-end agency management system combining resource, project and financial management into one solution. You can request a demo with someone in your region here.
- Scope – using anonymised live data from over 800 agencies across the globe, Scope allows you to benchmark your rate cards and estimates against the rest of the industry. You can request a demo here.
- Streamtime – a project management tool designed by creatives. Their base plan is free if you wish to take it for a spin or register here for one of their weekly webinars.
- Tiller – the tactile time entry device that works perfectly on its own or can integrate with Harvest and Toggl.
- wayahead – an agency reporting app that integrates seamlessly with Streamtime. Sign up for a free 30 day trial here.
Other ways we can help
Team Tangram are currently working flexible hours so if you need any consulting or training before your first meeting of the day, or after the kids have gone to bed, get in touch to book in a time. We’re here to help.